- Acupuncture overview
- Whats your baseline? Because as you know, it's all about the base......
- A hugely detailed history of acupuncture, in less than 1000 words
- Stay in touch!
- Download your course handouts here!
- Safety in Acupuncture
- Safety Test
- Adverse events
- Reducing the frequency and/or effects of Adverse events
- Needles and Needling: The Basics
- Meridians will be your guide
- Clinical reasoning
- Acute pain physiology
- '60% of the time, acupuncture works every time'
- Proposed theoretical mechanisms of short term acupuncture effect Quiz
- Meridians for neck pain
- Needling techniques for major neck points
- Important distal points
- Lateral neck pain recipe
- Central Neck pain
- Neck case study: Gablatron Farfax
- Case study Quiz: Gablatron Farfax
- Important shoulder meridians
- Posterior shoulder pain
- Generic shoulder problems
- CASE STUDY: Tiffany Crankmaster
- Case study QUIZ
- Elbow meridians
- Lateral elbow pain
- Medial elbow pain
- CASE STUDY: Winston Power
- Elbow quiz
- Meridians of the knee
- Medial and Central Knee Pain
- Ankle & foot meridians
- Lateral ankle issues
- Assessment finale - the blog!
- So, what you gotta say?
- Please leave a quick review on our website
- Copy of Stay in touch!
- Copy of Check out our Upper limb course - 20% off if you book within 2 days of completing this course!
This acupuncture general update course allows course delegates to revisit their needling skills and underpinning theory, whilst being introduced to the latest findings from published literature – thus helping to consolidate existing knowledge and to introduce a more focused approach to needling techniques and clinical reasoning. With this fully online learning experience, course delegates consistently rate this course 5 stars, leaving not only with new needling skills, but with the confidence to apply them from day one.
What Topics Will You Cover?
You will complete a series of safety lessons, covering contraindications, precautions and adverse events, as well as revisiting needle insertion fundamentals and pain physiology.
Needling application content consists of acupuncture skills across the knee, elbow, neck, shoulder and achilles tendon, with case studies and MCQ's to consolidate your learning.
Who Would Benefit From This Course?
This course is for healthcare professionals who have already taken a foundation course in acupuncture but are now looking to complete CPD hours and advance their skills and understanding further.
With experience delivering this course both in the UK and worldwide across the last 10 years, we’ve had the pleasure of helping a wide range of professionals consolidate their existing knowledge and move towards a more focused approach to needling techniques and clinical reasoning – from Physiotherapists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors, Sports Rehabilitators and Sports Therapists, to Physicians, Nurses and Occupational Therapists.
Why Study With Breeze Academy?
Curated and delivered by Dr. Carl Clarkson, a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, who has taught acupuncture globally for over 10 years, this general update has an international reputation and has cemented Breeze Academy as one of the leading providers of acupuncture and dry needling training worldwide.
Carefully curated online content allows you to access high quality education whenever and wherever you want, helping to reduce accommodation costs for those of you needing to travel to the face-to-face ccourses, whilst also providing you the option to revisit theory in an engaging format, whenever and wherever suits you best.
Expert research knowledge is combined with practical, clinically relevant teaching to ensure you receive a fully evidence-based approach to the implementation of acupuncture. This course has clinical reasoning at the heart of delivery, making sure that you’re able to make fully informed decisions on how and when to introduce acupuncture into a client’s care package.
You will need to be a regulated healthcare professional who has completed foundation training in acupuncture. Not done your foundation training? Find out more about our acupuncture foundation courses.